BMAF is pleased to announce the availability of the Local Lines Audio Book. This comprises 18, local author written, prose and poetry readings selected from the 2019 BMAF Creative Writing competition entries.
Local Lines is available as:
· An MP3 File Download at the original suggested donation of £5
· A CD for a suggested donation of £6.60
· A USB Memory stick, again at a suggested donation of £6.60
All proceeds are shared 50-50 between the BMAF and Helping Hands for the Blind local charities.
Makes a great Christmas present too!! Please spread the word.
Please contact email@example.com for details of how to order.
New Musical Theatre classes have been added to the Speech and Drama section of the 2020 Syllabus.
These include Solo Character Study and Song classes, Duologue and Song classes and in addition to those listed, for 2020 we will be introducing 3 Group Musical Theatre classes for ages 12 years & under SP/D96, 18 years & under SP/D97 and 19 years & over SP/D98.
Please contact Angie Holmes our Speech & Drama Section Secretary for further details on these exciting new additions!
September, as many of you will know, is when the annual Basingstoke Music and Arts Festival (BMAF) is formally launched.
For BMAF Creative Writing competition participants, it means the entry deadline is only three months away – this year the date is Monday 16th December 2019. So now is the time to start thinking about what you will write about and which categories (poetry, prose, scripts, articles, sonnets or flash fiction) you will enter this year.
To help you on your way here’s an outline of some of the 2020 highlights and NEW additions to the syllabus. It doesn’t matter if you are nine or ninety; the competition is open to all!
- NEW THIS YEAR – ‘Poem into Poem’ – The Alethea Awards – This new category, initially for children, seeks to bring greater inclusivity and diversity to the Festival. Entries can be translations of your own or established authors’ poems or, with specialist assistance allowed, text derived from sign language or other recognised communication system languages. All entrants must live in the Borough.
- ‘500 word Flash Fiction Challenge’ – Introduced in 2019 and hugely popular, this exciting and demanding writing category seeks newly originated fictional material specifically set in Basingstoke or North Hampshire. Let your imagination run loose – open to children and adults.
- Entry Deadline Date – All entries must be received as hard copy or via email on or by Monday 16th December. (NB Entries can be accepted from 1st September onwards). Competition Entry and Event Fees are the same as for last year – details in the syllabus. Please remember to fully complete and sign the 2020 BMAF Creative Writing competition ENTRY FORM when you submit your work.
- Other Dates for your Diary – The Creative Writing Category Awards Ceremony will once again beat Queen Mary’s College (QMC) commencing at 2.30pm on Sunday 22nd March. The BMAF Gala Performance – also at QMC – will commence at 2.00pm on Sunday 26th April. Awards for the best overall Children and adults Creative Writing Awards will be presented during this 2 hour event.
- NEW THIS YEAR – ‘Local Lines’ Audio Book – This exciting new addition is a collaboration between BMAF (itself a charity) and Helping Hands for the Blind. The Audio Book, available in the Autumn in the form of a CD, will feature 18 readings (poetry/prose/scripts and sonnets) specially selected from the 2019 Creative Writing competition entries. Why not pre-order your copy now (for £6 – payable on collection) by emailing BMAFCD@kempshott.plus.com . All proceeds to local charities.
- Full 2020 BMAF Printed Syllabus – The hard-copy 2020 BMAF Syllabus will be available from week commencing 9th September. To order your copy please email the BMAF Secretary:firstname.lastname@example.org